Monday, November 18, 2013

The final countdown

As of today, our class zine will be called "Not really underground, actually fairly mainstream."

OK, guys, you will have two more blog posts, BUT they will be components of your zine grade.

This Friday, you will need to post a group justification of:
-Why you chose your theme
-How it is connected to the class
-How you are planning out your zine (you don't need to spoil it, but I need to see that you've got a plan in place.)
-How you are planning on delegating work, if you've decided that.

This needs to be placed on one person's blog, although everyone should have a hand in writing (and I will know!). Let me know who in the group will be posting.

In addition, you will need to revise your final blog post/paper and turn it into me with the draft I looked at in class Wednesday OR on my desk before Thursday at 4 pm. (My desk is D7 in Milton hall basement, near the design center.)

For revisions, here are some notes that I want everyone to think about:
-Make sure you cite a blog AND an academic source.
-If you use an outside source, please include the full citation so I know where it came from
-Most of you have about 1 or 2 paragraphs that feel out of place and need to be cut
-Come on! Let's have fun titles!
-Doublecheck the assignment sheet

-Don’t just fix the things I’ve marked. If I marked one or two things, they are usually one or two things that I want you to think about and apply to the rest of your paper

Finally, the rest of the classes will be work times. I'll be there to answer questions or whatever else you need. Be sure to show up, so you're not placing extra work on your classmates. Below is the sign-up sheet of group members, themes, copy times and group jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment