Saturday, November 2, 2013

Tardy

I hope you've read my email by now and know that I am a terrible, tardy teacher this week. The whole internet-computer-PDF triangle was a hellish one.

At any rate, I hope you got lots of work done on your paper, had a marvelous Halloween and didn't feel like this:

What I'd like you to do is write your blog in three steps, in this order! It sounds intense, but I think it will actually take you less time than your usual blogs. We'll discuss this on Wednesday, in conjunction with peer editing, when your drafts are due (don't forget!)
1) Reflect on your writing process. How do you think of ideas? Start writing? Editing? Walk us through this.
2) Read the PDF called "revision strategies" that I've sent out. It's five pages, but they should go by fast (they're fairly skimmable, I think.)
3) How does your writing process compare to the ones described in the PDF? Are you more like one group or the other? What does that tell you about your future writing projects? What will you try differently?
4) I lied--there's four steps. Finally, I'd like you to close by reflecting on what you've been taught about editing, revising and the writing process. Does the PDF sound familiar or totally new? You don't have to spend a lot of space or time on this.

Have a good weekend, thanks for hanging tight through my technological kerfluffles and I'll see you in a couple days for Movie Mondays. Remember: Contact me if anything arises and don't be an agent of oppression!

No comments:

Post a Comment