Saturday, September 28, 2013

Wrap-up

I wanted to do a wrap up of your blogs. We'll talk about it on Monday and see if you guys like this feature. I just want to hit a few interesting highlights and point you in some discussion points around our class blogosphere.

-First off, Lauren stated something that I'm sure most of you felt: " I probably missed a lot of important things to talk about because I am so close to the topic."
This is not wrong. In fact, it's something scholars wrestle with and discuss everyday. Don't shy away from that hardness. Investigate it and think about what it means (and why I assigned you to think about it.)
-Mike has the best titles. I'm curious to hear more about why he chose that particular artifact/lens pairing.
-Liam found out that looking at an artifact in one way necessarily implied another "At first, I was just simply going to take a look at how masculinity/feminism are represented. However, I soon realized this directly relates to how power and familial structure is represented and viewed in Donnie Darko. Because of this connection, I just decided to combine the two lenses - feminism and power" Did any of you have similar feelings? And what do you think it implies about those two ways of working?
-Yesenia and Morgan are both looking at Duck Dynasty! This should be fun to compare two readings on the same thing.

And if you are nervous, just remember: Your classmates and Lady Gaga got your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment