Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Presentation and process

Once again, I want to commend you on your work today in class and this week in general. I wouldn't give you readings I didn't think you could handle and I certainly understand how frustrating reading scholarly stuff can be, but you guys worked through it and got to some really interesting questions that (as I said) will be big discussion/debate points during Watchmen.

Yay!
Before that, however, let's focus on presentations. Next week, you will be presenting to the class. (If this sounds unfamiliar or you want a refresher about what you're doing, click here.)

For your Friday blog post, I want you to reflect on the process of pulling that presentation together. Specifically, think about:
1) Was it hard? Or easy?
2) How about when you compared the process of analyzing something you like to analyzing something in class?
3) I said you want to try to apply the lenses as objectively as possible. What was that process like?
4) Finally, did you revise? And if so, what? How did you choose images?

This is a pretty big list and it'd be boring for your classmates to read something like:
1) Hard
2) I liked analyzing things in class more
3) It was rough!
4) I just picked the photos that jumped out more.

So this is a chance for you to really craft a story, a narrative or a series of visuals that grabs your audience. 

Since Star Wars has come up a bit this week, consider it your goal to leave your audience feeling like this:

Not this:




No comments:

Post a Comment