Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday night roundup

Yvette has a great photo up this week. Do you ever take notes this way? Have you seen someone do it? I like to use it for signs and book titles, then I look at the pictures later and think "What is this?"

In recounting difficulties with the reading, Tiffany actually laid out a really good process. "I’ve read out loud to myself many, many times, but I just can’t seem to understand what point of view Hebdige is trying to get at...I’m just the type of person that has to push myself into learning about something on my own in my own different kind of way." That's some of the best advice I've heard in a long time: Keep going.

I'm also glad to see discussion has picked up a little. In a response to Tiffany's blog post, Cedric wrote "But really Marxist theory is really hard to understand" And he's right. You guys are reading things that people spend their whole lives studying and struggling with. Don't feel like that struggle means you're failing. That struggle means you're very close to grasping it. Keep struggling!

And finally, Yesenia has some great tips for notetaking, though I might add, don't get too comfortable. I fall asleep sometimes when I'm reading and that doesn't help at all. 

We'll be doing computer stuff tomorrow in class, so get yer typing paws ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment